Penn State penalties are as follows:
- $60 million fine (equivalent of 1 year of football revenue). Fine will be distributed to child welfare groups.
- PSU to vacate all wins from 1998 making Bobby Bowden the all time winningest coach. (111 wins vacated, Paterno now #5 on the all time list with a record of 298-136-3
- Penn State must also reduce 10 initial and 20 total scholarships each year for a four-year period.
- PSU not eligible for a bowl game or any postseason game for the next four years.
- PSU on probation for five years.
- NCAA also reserves the right to reopen the case at any time.
- PSU players can transfer, without penalty or eligibility ramifications.
This is not as bad as I heard last night and is not the death penalty but the death penalty might have been preferable.
07-23-2012 9:44 AM